Some great web-based resources to help you plan and make the most of your time here
Getting Around / General
- bue.gob.ar – the official Buenos Aires tourism site. If it’s happening (officially), it’s here
- Interactive map – let’s face it, Buenos Aires is BIG. Very useful site for finding where you’re going (only in Spanish) and using the Como Llegar tab, how to get there by foot or public transport
Places to Stay / Tourism
- BuenosTours, the private tour specialists in Buenos Aires, and close friends of Buenos Aires Local Tours
- San Telmo Loft – Hip & Funky accomodation in San Telmo
- Casa Esmeralda – long established, friendly and comfortable hostel in Palermo Hollywood
- Fierro Hotel – many places in Palermo claim to be boutique, few truly are. The Fierro is one of them, great service, decor and a gourmet restaurant on site. They also have a blog with some great recommendations on what to do.
- The Argentina Specialists – need help planning a trip to Argentina, ask the Specialists!
- Buenos Aires Art Tours – let art expert Rick guide you around the best galleries and street art San Telmo has to offer
- Argentina Pasión – looking to travel in Argentina? Let us share our Pasión for Argentina with you!
- Buenos Aires Pub Quiz – the best general knowledge and trivia quiz in town!
- Guia Oleo – Restaurant guide (only in Spanish)
- Casa Saltshaker – one of the original, and best, closed door restaurants in Buenos Aires
- Argentine Food – great blog entry explaining what’s what and where to get it
Buenos Aires Blogs to Follow
- GringoStarr – it’s my blog!
- Going Local Travel – Buenos Aires based journalist Vicky Baker’s look at the local travel scene
- Spotlight Buenos Aires – Culture, Food , History – it’s all here
- Sugar & Spice – A walk on the Sweet Side
- Trees of Buenos Aires – all things leafy
- Buenos Aires For 91 Days – 3 months in Buenos Aires – some great photos