Free Daily Walking TourThe Free Daily Walking Tour leaves every day from Monday until Saturday at 11am. The meeting point is the centre of Plaza Italia, by the statue of Garibaldi on his horse. Plaza Italia is on Avenida Santa Fe in Palermo and can easily be reached by Subte on Line D (the green line).
- A full explanation of the public bus system, how to plan your routes, where to get on and off and how much it all costs
- A walking tour of Abasto, including La Casa de Carlos Gardel, lots of funky street art and a visit to the Art Deco Abasto Shopping Mall
- 2 trips by colectivo (public bus)
- El Congreso Nacional and La Plaza de Congreso
- El Palacio Barolo and La Avenida de Mayo
- Presidential offices La Casa Rosada
- Historic Plaza de Mayo, home of the weekly Madres de la Plaza de Mayo protests
- All the historic, cultural, artistic and architectural information about the sights on the route that you’ll need!
- And much, much more!
The tour takes around 4 hours by foot and local transport (bus and underground train), and don’t forget it is free (although I do appreciate a tip!). We do walk around in the sun so please remember to bring sunscreen, hats and water – although there are places to buy more water the length of the route and there is a short comfort break at around the halfway point.
Important: Please note that whilst the tour is free (tip appreciated) you will have to pay for the bus journeys. It is not expensive, but you will need to bring coins to pay – buses in Buenos Aires only accept coins. I cannot always guarantee having enough change available.